2. Head to your local bowling alley and play a few free games, be sure to register at KidsBowlFree.com for your passes.
4. Get your Kids Summer Fest fun on at The Greene on July 28.
6. Take a walk on the crafty side and make something fun at Michaels in store events (most are free!)
7. Cool off indoors at the Air Force Museum and participate in monthly Family Days events.
8. Visit one of Kettering's newly redesigned parks.
9. Enjoy the outdoors at one of the many local festivals and fairs this summer.
10. Don your summer swimwear and splash around outside at one of the many local splash pads.
11. Become a Junior Ranger and earn a badge for your efforts.
12. Have fun at a free festival at the Fraze Pavilion.
13. Search the wealth of knowledge on Pinterest for ideas for games, crafts and fun activities to do with kids.
14. Particpate in a free Story On-Line Story Time at Barnes and Noble.
15. Discover something new at a local farmers market be sure to check LocalHarvest.org for help discovering new ones.
17. Try a new restaurant and be sure to check out our list of Kids Eat Free places.
18. Get something free with those final grades from school.
19. Find a VBS to attend at your local church.
I hope this helps keep you and your families busy this summer. Do you know of any others? Please feel free to share them with us!
Head to any of the area Rave Theaters and enjoy FREE movies this summer. Every week they are playing a different G or PG movie starting at 10am. Tickets are first-come first-served, and limited to theater capacity, door open 9:30. Just show up and get your ticket! I love how there is so much FREE stuff going on this summer, and with the fountain at the Greene to play in after- that is CHEAP summer fun!
Beavercreek, The Greene 14 + IMAX
Huber Heights, Huber Heights 16
West Carrollton, Dayton South 16
Here is the movie line up for this summer- please be sure to check their site for exact dates as each theater is playing each film on a different week.
Cats and Dogs The Revenge of Kitty Galore
Legend of the Guardians
Happy Feet Two
Journey 2 The Mysterious Island
Don't forget you can always call your location to see what movie is playing that week.
The Rave Theater in West Carrollton hosts Kidtoons on the 2nd Saturday and Sunday of every month. Each month they play a short family friendly cartoon film starting at 12pm. Admission is just $2 for adults and $1 for children! Plus they have a birthday club, and you can receive a free movie pass for your child during their birthday month. Be sure to check out their site to see what movie they are playing that month.
THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED
The Dayton CW is having a private screening of the new show Hart of Dixie staring Rachel Bilson. Today (Thursday, Sept 15) starting at 6pm at Rave Theaters at the Greene, there will be a preview event of the season premire. All you have to do is print off a pass and bring it with you to the event. The show officially will premier on September 26 at 9pm. This sounds like a fun event for a "free date night" or if you have teenage kids.
Looking for more events? Be sure to check out our Calendar section where you can find lots of things to do every day!
If you have a Twitter account, it's about to help you get $5 FREE credit on Amazon for Video On Demand. Just click on the yellow "Tweet and Get $5" button and follow the steps to redeem your credit. This credit expires on 10/31/11.
This sounds like there is going to be a cheap or free date night at home in our near future!
Thanks Freebie Shark
Well, summer is quickly coming to an end for many of us. Did you get everything off your summer fun list checked off? If not here are a few ideas of a few things to do before it's time for Back-To-School
- There are a few Michaels Crafts: FREE Passport to Fun events still happening (check the calendar for dates and events)
- August 2,3 are the last days for Rave Theater: Free Family Film Festival (this is only at The Greene now)
- Have a water fight or play in the sprinkler
- Don't forget to turn in your Summer Reading Clubs time sheets and collect your prizes!
- Have a cookout and invite your friends. We really want to do a hot dog bar style cookout!
- Visit a few of the great Local Farmer’s Market
- Make sure you got your Good Grades= Good Deals for those report cards
- Join them at Dorothy Lane Market for Storytime and Tasting
- Start making Back To School freezer meals (Once A Month Mom has some great suggestions)
- On those days where it's sweltering outside there is still Kids Bowl Free All Summer available
- Visit the park (several Kettering Parks recently were redone, and there will be more in the future)
- Attend those last few Vacation Bible School before they are done
Thanks to Family Fun Mom for her inspiration!