CLOSED: This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to our winner Celia.
YOU CAN VIEW OUR LIST OF GIVEAWAY WINNERS HERE.
It's time for Halloween costumes and fun, but as parents we all need to remember to keep our families safe as we walk around the neighborhood. There are lots of basic safety tips you can share with your kids:
- Walk on the sidewalk, do not run
- No pushing or shoving when walking
- Don't cross the street if a car is coming
- Look left-right-left before crossing the street.
- Hold a grown-ups hand while walking, but most importantly while crossing the street
In partnership with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Ludorum, the creators of the hit preschool series Chuggington, recently launched a public service campaign that will promote traffic safety to young families. Entitled Think Safe. Ride Safe. Be Safe!. This traffic safety campaign that delivers important safety lessons to children from preschool to 3rd grade and their parents. With lessons focused on four main areas of traffic safety – pedestrian, school bus, bike and car seat safety – the campaign is designed to engage, educate, and ultimately, save lives.
The program includes:
- A Traffic Safety Pledge, which has already been signed by more than 11,000 children. By taking the online pledge, kids can earn their Chuggington Traffic Safety Badges!
- A dedicated microsite, www.chuggington.com/safety, where kids can go to play safety games, color safety sheets, and parents can download safety tips.
- An activity book for kids to color and learn traffic safety lessons.
- Original Public Service Announcements, the first of which will air soon on Disney Junior (sneak peek: you can ride the rails over to Chuggington’s site now to view the PSA online here).
- Educational materials, new seasonal programs, and a free Chuggington traffic safety app are all part of this comprehensive campaign that will continue through 2012 and beyond.
We'd like to encourage our readers to take the pledge with their kids to be safe throughout the holidays and beyond! If you went to the Chuggington event at Toys R Us a few weeks ago you might have already heard about this program, but it's a great idea to take the pledge online with your kids to have them help with Traffic Safety.
Here's the fun part! We are giving away ONE Traffic Safety kit to one of our readers; the kit will include a printed activity book, tip sheets, stickers, a children’s traffic safety vest and a die-cast engine.
Main entry: Take the Pledge for Traffic Safety, then come back and tell us that you did! (Be sure to leave your comment on this post so that it gets counted).
Extra entry: Tell us how you encourage or teach traffic safety to your kids.
That's it! That's all you have to do! Now wasn't that easy?
This contest ends Friday, November 4, at 10pm EST. We will use Random.org to pick our winner.
Disclosure: I was provided with a sample kit to review. But this post and opinions are my own and not paid for or influenced by the item provided.